May looks like it is going to be a busy one for new arrivals, if the first few days are anything to go by.
A few fun facts for those who are expecting May babies:
- Your birthstone is the emerald which symbolises love and fortune. It is considered a deflector of negative energy and an attractor of abundance, harmony, and love.
- Your flower is the Lily of the Valley which symbolises sweetness, innocence and purity.
- May babies are the heaviest, on average 200g heavier than babies born in other months.
- May takes its name from that of the Greek goddess Maia, a sweet name choice if you are expecting a baby girl this month and haven’t yet chosen a name.
- Your zodiac sign is either Taurus (April 20-May 20) or Gemini (May 21-June 20). Taurus is symbolized with the “Bull” and is the second sign of the Zodiac.
Characteristics of those born under Taurus include; determination, practicality, patience, sensuality, reliability, ambitious, and competence.
Taureans are also known to have less flattering characteristics like being lazy, inflexible, jealous, stubborn, and being greedy.
Gemini is symbolized with the “Twins” and is the third sign of the Zodiac.
Characteristics of those born under Gemini include; witty, full of life, adaptable, brave, inquisitive, and clever.
Geminis are also known to have less flattering characteristics like being nervous, cunning, superficial, malicious, and a lack of consistency.
One famous Taurean is Audrey Hepburn (May 4) and a famous Gemini is Kylie Minogue (May 28).
From our new baby gift orders this month we think that one clever celebrity out there has had a special May arrival and managed to keep quiet. We will have to keep watching the glossies and see if our hunch is correct.